- Excellent writing and communications skills in the English language as well as in the Arabic language, French language is a plus
- Proven ability to manage a complex portfolio
- Knowledge of international relations and trade union developments in the U.S. and abroad
- Trade union experience
- Proven ability to work successfully in complex political environments and collaboratively as part of a dynamic team
- Experience in contract negotiation, and ability to negotiate with local and foreign contractors, and companies
- Experience as a trainer and facilitator, including developing materials and conducting workshops using effective education training methods
- Experience in developing and implementing organizing and collective bargaining workshops
- Experience in promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the world of work
- Experience in using intersectionality as a framework recognizing the many ways that workers’ identities are targeted to deny their rights
- Experience in campaign research
- Experience in collective bargaining training
- Experience in strategic campaign planning and implementation
- Fundraising experience
Missions du poste
- With the MENA regional staff, develop and implement program priorities for work in the Arab Maghreb and trade union programs in the region, consistent with the strategic vision of the Solidarity Center’s global and regional work; revisit those priorities as needed to reflect changing national regional realities.
- Lead and oversee the department’s local staff in the Arab Maghreb, and manage local office operations.
- Serve as the representative of the US labor movement in the Arab Maghreb.
- Represent the interests and issues of the labor movement in the Arab Maghreb, their labor issues, and their global importance within the Center, the AFL-CIO, and the U.S. labor movement broadly as well as to U.S. government programs in the region, other NGOs, and the academic community. Build bridges to and coalitions and collaborative efforts with allies in the Arab Maghreb working to advance worker rights.
- Assure the high quality and effectiveness of the Center’s work in the Arab Maghreb through monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program work.