- Requires a master degree in logistics, Port operations management or related fields
- Requires a background of at least 10 years of experience in container terminal operations environment including experience at a middle management level in an operations department
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluate and resolve logistical problems as they happen in order to meet operational performance objectives and deadlines
- Requires very good knowledge and experience of vessel, yard, gate planning and execution•Requires very good knowledge and experience of the TOS and its optimization modules. Previous terminal planning experience is a plus
- Requires strong leadership skills coupled with the ability to build a high performing team with the right combination of personalities
- Requires advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Strong project management skills, capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously and ability to meet deadlines
- Lean Six sigma green belt certification will be an advantage
- A forward thinking and creative individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization
- The ability to obtain cooperation and influence people while promoting a team environment.
Missions du poste
•Responsible for establishing safe operational execution processes geared towards driving effectiveness in an automated environment incorporating current best practices in APMT.
Drive the establishment of clear work instructions and SOP for every position in the execution department.
•Build a sound understanding of the automation approach for TM2 including the modus operandi of the various automated equipment and provide input for improvement where/as applicable.
•Drive operations integration testing for an execution perspective to minimize disruptions during live operations and support the achievement of the expected productivity.
•Responsible for driving the definition of competency matrix for critical positions in the execution department in coordination with HR.
•Lead the definition of the training curriculum for equipment operators (Shuttle carriers, ARMG, DSTS) and closely monitor its execution with the training department.
•In collaboration with the planning manager, lead the definition and execution of test cases for a thorough testing during the operations integration process.
•Co-lead the set up and tuning of the relevant TOS optimization modules.
•Lead the definition of the modus operandi with suppliers of outsourced labour in order to meet APM Terminals operational requirements.
•Work closely with the planning department to facilitate the alignment and integration of all operational processes.
•Provide general support to other operations or non-operations as and when required.
Post Go-live (Commercial Operations Phase):
•Manage, motivate and instruct all operational team members, set priorities and structure tasks and goals.
•Provide effective organisation and control of all terminal operations during designated shift period in order to meet planned objectives.
•Lead the various functions presents in the Integrated Operations Centre to ensure smooth execution of plans set as well as quick and effective resolution of exceptions /deviations
•Liaise with engineering department shift management to maximise equipment availability and effectiveness.
•Is responsible for efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and the cost-effective utilisation of equipment resources to match the operational requirements of the terminal.
•Ensure that recognised safe working practices are utilised for all terminal operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures.
•Provide first line of response for emergency situations and damage assessments.
•Provide terminal presence by maintaining significant visibility checks all quay side and yard activities continuously throughout shift and prepare operational reports as required by management.
•Maintain continuous operations by ensuring all shift operational staff use the “hot seat” changeover at shift changeover times and for operator rest break changeovers.
•Assist in the development of staff to ensure they perform at efficient and effective levels by monitoring performances taking appropriate action in order they reach full potential.
•Contribute to “on the job” training of supervisory staff and undertake other duties within capabilities as required by senior management.
•The incumbent is expected to contribute to the improvement of existing methodologies, processes and measurements when executing duties on an ongoing basis
•The position is complex