- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience such as working knowledge and demonstrated consulting experience, business specific to the solid waste industry, including landfill gas management, air compliance, landfill design and permitting, etc. required.
- A minimum of 1 year of landfill gas design experience required.
- California P.E (civil) registration or ability to
Missions du poste
- Field work including surveys, inspections, GPS data gathering, etc. Hiking/driving in varied terrain and weather is required.
- Office based tasks including but not limited to: CAD drafting, mathematical calculations, report writing, creating site plans and facility diagrams, permit application preparation, etc.
- % Office vs. Field Time: Varies, work will include both in field activities, such as field meetings on engineering technical related issues with the client and/or other SCS supervising engineering staff, oversight of construction activities, collection of samples, etc., as well as office activities including preparing plans and specifications, reports, and proposals as needed.
- Business development including but not limited to: proposal preparation, meeting with clients, and attending industry related conferences/trade shows.
- As a fully competent engineer or scientist in all aspects of the functional area of the assignments, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and modification of standard techniques.
- Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the results expected.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans or projects.
- Will typically manage 2-3 small projects or tasks involving activities of several persons and subcontractors.
- Travel (day trips or overnight and % of travel expected): Varies, most of the initial effort will be in the San Diego area on a daily basis. Occasional overnight travel will be expected to other areas of California and possibly New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Arizona.