This position is responsible for providing overall secretarial support to the President(s) to whom assigned to accomplish daily workloads with duties including or comparable to those indicate below. The Executive Assistant handles a wide variety of situations involving the clerical and administrative functions of the executive offices, which often cannot be brought to the attention of the executive. The Executive Assistant serves as liaison between the Executives, Medical Staff, Board members, major donors, associates and the public, making independent decisions when appropriate and working as part of a team for overall support of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa executives.
- Associate Degree in business related field required.
- Significant applicable experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Must have computer skills in windows environment to include word processing, presentation software, electronic mail and electronic calendars.
- Must be able to take dictation or notes at 90-100 wpm and type at a rate of approximately 80 wpm.
- Must be able to operate a fax machine, printers, copiers, audio visual equipment and other office equipment.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Requires 5-10 years administrative assistant/secretarial experience.
- Significant applicable education and/or training may be considered.
- Must be knowledgeable of hospital policies, procedures and organizational structure.
- Must be able to set priorities with little guidance.
- Must be able to juggle several assignments at once.
- Must be scrupulously discreet.
- Must work well with all levels of associates.
- Must be able to make independent decisions.
- Must be able to remain calm in the face of deadlines, rush jobs, and irate customers, demonstrating the CORE Values at all times.
- Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.